All you need to create this powerful little treat is the following:
- Baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (optional – and pick your favorites –peppermint, rosemary, lemon, etc.)
- Cheese shaker
- Cheese cloth
Now, I know what you’re thinking, where’s the cheese in all of this. However, we won’t need any of that, because quite simply, baking soda will eliminate the bad smells all on their own.
Step by step:
- Fill your clean cheese shaker half way with baking soda
- Add 10 drops of essential oil (or 5 drops of 2 types of essential oils) – optional
- Place a small square of cheesecloth over the opening of the shaker
- Screw the lid onto the jar opening
- Decorate if you are so inclined (I’d love to see what you create, feel free to post on our Facebook page!)
That’s really it! Cheap, easy, effective. Wow, do I ever deliver!
Now, all you need to do is shake it up every few days to ‘re-generate’ the gentle scent from the essential oils, and replace every 1-3 months.
Enjoy this little room deodorizer!